Thursday, May 15, 2008

Cold, wet, and gloomy

Bedford to Luton

I finally experienced my first dose of crappy weather. It was bound to come sooner or later. During my ride I was cold and I was wet. And most of the time I really didn't even know where I was or where I was going. I couldn't find my map of England, which would have been extremely useful.

But with no map and no idea where I was, the only thing I could rely on was my compass. I just kept going south. And every time I saw a sign for Luton and followed it, it would lead to a motorway (highway.) Very helpful. I decided I would try NOT to get pulled over by the police and illegally get on the motorway), so I just kept going in an unknown direction.

Then as I was riding along, I saw a sign that said London was just 30 miles away. At that point, having no sense of where I was, I was considering just going straight to London. And then BAM, a sign pointing in the direction of Luton! This time it was actually useful!! So I was finally able to make it!


Route (Bedford to Luton): I don't even know

Bike: 35 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment